As the leaves turn golden and the air crisps with the promise of autumn, we welcome the season of pumpkin-spiced everything. But for those embracing the ketogenic lifestyle, the traditional pumpkin treats can be a carb-loaded challenge. Fear not, because we have a delightful solution: 3-ingredient pumpkin fluff. This keto-friendly, low-carb, and high-fat dessert is your ticket to indulging in the flavors of fall without derailing your diet.
Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin Fluff
To whip up this keto-friendly pumpkin fluff, you’ll need just three basic ingredients:
- Pumpkin Puree: Ensure you use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. The latter is loaded with added sugars, which we want to avoid. Pumpkin puree, on the other hand, is naturally low in carbs.
- Heavy Cream: Choose high-fat, heavy cream. It’s essential for creating the fluff’s creamy and rich texture. You can also use coconut cream for a dairy-free version.
- Your Choice of Keto Sweetener: Select your preferred keto-friendly sweetener. Erythritol, stevia, or monk fruit sweetener are excellent choices. These sweeteners won’t spike your blood sugar and provide the sweetness you desire without the carbs.
How To Make 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Fluff
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of heavy cream with 1/2 cup of keto sweetener. Whip the mixture until it forms stiff peaks. This may take a few minutes, so be patient.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of pumpkin puree, ensuring it’s well incorporated but not over-mixed to maintain the fluff’s airy texture.
- Taste your pumpkin fluff and adjust the sweetness to your liking. You can add more sweetener if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to meld. This dessert is best served chilled.
To prepare your pumpkin fluff, you’ll need a few essential kitchen tools:
- Mixing Bowl: A medium-sized mixing bowl is ideal for whipping the heavy cream.
- Mixer: A hand mixer or stand mixer is useful for whipping the heavy cream and sweetener into stiff peaks efficiently.
- Measuring Cups: You’ll need measuring cups to ensure you add the right proportions of pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and sweetener.
- Spatula: A spatula is handy for gently folding in the pumpkin puree to maintain the fluff’s texture.
- Serving Dish: Select an attractive serving dish to present your pumpkin fluff in a way that highlights its delightful texture and color.
Net Carbs in Low Carb Pumpkin Fluff
The total carb content in your pumpkin fluff will depend on the specific products and sweeteners you use. However, as a general guideline, a serving of this 3-ingredient pumpkin fluff typically contains around 6-8 grams of total carbs. These carbs mainly come from the pumpkin puree and the keto sweetener.
To calculate net carbs (carbs minus fiber and certain sugar alcohols), subtract the dietary fiber content from the total carbs. Pumpkin puree contains dietary fiber, so the net carbs are usually a bit lower.
Pumpkin Fluff Variations
You can customize your keto-friendly pumpkin fluff in various ways:
- Spices: Add your favorite pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves for extra flavor.
- Toppings: Garnish with keto-approved toppings such as chopped pecans or walnuts for a delightful crunch, or a dollop of whipped cream for added decadence.
- Texture: Experiment with texture by varying the ratio of heavy cream to pumpkin puree. More heavy cream results in a lighter, fluffier texture, while more pumpkin puree makes it denser and richer in pumpkin flavor.
Incorporating this 3-ingredient pumpkin fluff into your keto diet is a delicious way to celebrate the flavors of fall without compromising your low-carb, high-fat goals. Whether enjoyed as a dessert or a satisfying snack, this keto-friendly pumpkin fluff captures the essence of autumn in every velvety spoonful.
The post 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Fluff (Keto, Easy, Sugar Free Recipe) appeared first on Fit Mom Journey.