Are you ready to take your culinary skills to the next level while adding a fun and spooky twist to your Halloween spread? Look no further than our Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus “Mummies” recipe. These delectable treats are not only a feast for your taste buds but also a feast for your eyes. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of creating these adorable and delicious mummies step by step.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 candy eyes (edible)
- 8 small pieces of red bell pepper (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and trim the tough ends of the asparagus.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Take one piece of bacon and wrap it tightly around an asparagus spear from the bottom up, leaving a small section near the top uncovered for the mummy’s “face.”
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick, making sure it doesn’t unravel during baking.
- Repeat this process for all the asparagus spears.
- Place the bacon-wrapped asparagus “mummies” on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush each mummy with the olive oil and seasoning mixture.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the mummies, focusing on the uncovered section for the “face.”
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus is tender.
- While still warm, carefully place two candy eyes on the exposed section of each mummy. Use a small piece of red bell pepper to create a “mouth” just below the eyes.
- Serve your Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus “Mummies” as a spooky and delicious appetizer or side dish.
Incorporating these Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus “Mummies” into your Halloween festivities will undoubtedly make your celebration spookier and more flavorful. The combination of crispy bacon, tender asparagus, and flaky pastry is simply irresistible. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to impress your friends and family with this ghoulishly delicious treat.