image by Canva AI image generator
Are you on a keto diet but still crave delicious desserts? Look no further! In this article, we’ll be sharing a mouthwatering recipe for keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars. These delectable treats are low in carbs, sugar-free, and gluten-free, making them the perfect guilt-free indulgence for any occasion. So grab your apron and let’s get started!
- Preparation time
- Step 1: Making the crust
- Step 2: Preparing the cheesecake filling
- Step 3: Adding peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Step 4: Baking the cheesecake bars
- Step 5: Cooling and serving
- Nutritional information
- Tips for variations
- Storage recommendations
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Indulging in a slice of cheesecake while following a keto diet may seem impossible, but with our keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars recipe, you can have your cake and eat it too! These bars are rich, creamy, and packed with the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate, making them a truly irresistible treat.
To create these delectable keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars, you will need the following ingredients:
- For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated erythritol
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated erythritol
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the peanut butter and chocolate chip topping:
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
The total preparation time for these keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars is approximately 30 minutes. This includes the time required for both preparation and baking.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to create these heavenly keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars:
Step 1: Making the crust
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C) and line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, melted butter, and granulated erythritol for the crust. Mix well until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to create the crust.
Step 2: Preparing the cheesecake filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add the granulated erythritol, creamy peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the mixture is smooth.
Step 3: Adding peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Pour the prepared cheesecake filling over the crust in the baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Drizzle the ¼ cup of creamy peanut butter over the top of the cheesecake filling.
- Sprinkle the sugar-free chocolate chips on top, distributing them evenly.
Step 4: Baking the cheesecake bars
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature.
Step 5: Cooling and serving
- Once the cheesecake bars have cooled, refrigerate them for at least 2 hours or until they are fully chilled and set.
- Once chilled, remove the bars from the baking dish by lifting the parchment paper.
- Cut the cheesecake into bars of your desired size and serve. Enjoy!
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving (based on 12 servings) of the keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars:
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 25g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Net Carbs: 4g
Please note that these values may vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients used.
Tips for variations
- For an extra crunch, you can add crushed sugar-free chocolate-covered peanuts to the crust or sprinkle them on top.
- If you prefer a different nut butter, such as almond or cashew butter, feel free to substitute it for the peanut butter in the recipe.
To keep your keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars fresh, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be enjoyed for up to 5 days. If you’d like to extend their shelf life, you can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use a different sweetener instead of erythritol? Yes, you can substitute erythritol with other keto-friendly sweeteners such as stevia or monk fruit sweetener. Adjust the amount according to the sweetness level desired.
- Can I use natural peanut butter instead of creamy peanut butter? Natural peanut butter can be used, but keep in mind that it may alter the texture of the cheesecake filling slightly.
- Can I omit the chocolate chips in the recipe? Absolutely! If you’re not a fan of chocolate chips or want a simpler version, feel free to leave them out.
- Can I use a different type of flour for the crust? While almond flour works best for maintaining the keto-friendly aspect of the recipe, you can experiment with other nut flours or coconut flour if preferred.
- Can I add a chocolate ganache topping? Of course! If you want to elevate the chocolate flavor, you can drizzle a keto-friendly chocolate ganache over the cheesecake bars before serving.
Indulging in a keto-friendly dessert doesn’t mean sacrificing taste or enjoyment. These keto peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars are a perfect example of a delicious treat that fits within the boundaries of a low-carb lifestyle. With their creamy texture, peanut butter goodness, and hint of chocolate, these bars are sure to satisfy your dessert cravings without derailing your dietary goals.
So why wait? Whip up a batch of these delightful cheesecake bars today and savor every guilt-free bite!