If you’re on a keto diet, you know that finding the right snack can be challenging. Luckily, deviled eggs are a tasty, low-carb snack that can satisfy your cravings while keeping you in ketosis. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make keto deviled eggs that are both delicious and healthy.
Before we begin, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make keto deviled eggs:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Paprika, for garnish
- First, place the eggs in a pot and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the eggs simmer for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, remove the eggs from the pot and place them in a bowl of ice water for at least 5 minutes.
- Once the eggs have cooled, peel them and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a separate bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the mashed egg yolks. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop the yolk mixture into the egg white halves, filling each one evenly.
- Sprinkle the deviled eggs with paprika for garnish.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Tips for Making Perfect Keto Deviled Eggs
- Use fresh eggs. Older eggs can be difficult to peel, which can lead to a messy presentation.
- Let the eggs cool completely before peeling them. This will make it easier to remove the shell without damaging the egg white.
- Use a piping bag to fill the egg whites for a neat and professional look.
- Experiment with different spices and seasonings to customize your deviled eggs to your taste.
- Calories: 141 kcal
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
Keto deviled eggs are an easy and delicious snack that can be enjoyed at any time. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can make a batch of deviled eggs that are both low-carb and satisfying. Whether you’re following a keto diet or just looking for a healthy snack, these deviled eggs are sure to hit the spot.
- Can I use different types of mustard in this recipe? Yes, you can use any type of mustard you like. Dijon mustard is the most common, but you could also use yellow mustard, honey mustard, or spicy brown mustard.
- How long will these deviled eggs keep in the fridge? You can store deviled eggs in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Can I make deviled eggs ahead of time? Yes, you can make deviled eggs ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
- Can I add other ingredients to the yolk mixture? Yes, you can experiment with different ingredients to customize your deviled eggs to your taste. Some popular additions include bacon, chives, and chopped pickles.
- Are deviled eggs a healthy snack? Deviled eggs can be a healthy snack option, especially if you’re following a low-carb or keto diet. They are high in protein and healthy fats, and low in carbohydrates.