Are you looking for a delicious and healthy treat that fits your keto diet? Look no further than this keto milkshake recipe! In this article, we will show you how to make a delicious and healthy keto milkshake that will satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your diet.
What is the Keto Diet?
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s briefly discuss the keto diet. The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that has been gaining popularity in recent years. The goal of the keto diet is to put your body into a state of ketosis, where it burns fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. To achieve ketosis, you need to restrict your carbohydrate intake to 20-50 grams per day and increase your fat intake.
Why Should You Try This Keto Milkshake Recipe?
One of the challenges of following the keto diet is finding satisfying treats that fit within the guidelines of the diet. This keto milkshake recipe is not only delicious, but it also fits within the keto diet guidelines. It is low in carbs, high in fat, and contains no added sugars or artificial sweeteners.
To make this keto milkshake recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla keto protein powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings for topping
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, heavy cream, coconut cream, ice cubes, protein powder, vanilla extract, xanthan gum, and cinnamon.
- Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and top with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious and healthy keto milkshake!
Tips for Making the Perfect Keto Milkshake
- Use unsweetened almond milk to keep the carb count low.
- Make sure the ice cubes are small and crushed to ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
- Use a high-quality keto protein powder for the best flavor and texture.
- Xanthan gum helps to thicken the shake and give it a smooth texture.
- Top with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings for a delicious and decadent treat.
In conclusion, this keto milkshake recipe is a delicious and healthy treat that is perfect for anyone following the keto diet. It is low in carbs, high in fat, and contains no added sugars or artificial sweeteners. Give it a try and satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your diet!
- Can I use a different type of milk instead of almond milk? Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer. Just make sure it is unsweetened to keep the carb count low.
- Can I use a different flavor of protein powder? Yes, you can use any flavor of protein powder you prefer. Just make sure it is keto-friendly and does not contain added sugars.
- Can I make this recipe without a blender? It is best to use a blender to ensure a smooth and creamy texture, but you can try mixing the ingredients by hand in a bowl.
- Can I store leftover keto milkshake in the fridge? It is best to enjoy the keto milkshake immediately after making it for the best texture and flavor.
- Can I add fruit to the keto milkshake? It is not recommended to add fruit to this keto milkshake recipe as it may increase the carb count and take away from the creamy texture. However, you can experiment with small amounts of low-carb fruits like berries if desired.
- Is this keto milkshake recipe vegan-friendly? This recipe contains heavy cream and whey protein powder, which are not vegan. However, you can use a vegan protein powder and substitute the heavy cream with more coconut cream or a vegan alternative to make it vegan-friendly.
- Can I add more ice to make the shake thicker? Yes, you can add more ice to the blender to make the shake thicker, but be careful not to add too much as it may dilute the flavor.
- Can I use a different type of cream instead of coconut cream? Yes, you can use heavy cream or another type of dairy-free cream instead of coconut cream, but keep in mind that it may affect the flavor and texture of the shake.
- Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of xanthan gum? Xanthan gum is used in this recipe as a thickener, not a sweetener. If you prefer to use a different type of thickener, you can experiment with arrowroot powder or guar gum.
- How many carbs are in this keto milkshake recipe? This keto milkshake recipe contains approximately 7 grams of carbs per serving, making it a great option for anyone following a low-carb or keto diet.