Are you tired of the same old high-carb buns and muffins? Look no further than these delicious and nutritious keto rock buns! This low-carb recipe is perfect for anyone looking to maintain a healthy diet without sacrificing flavor. In this article, we will go through step-by-step instructions on how to make these tasty rock buns, as well as provide helpful tips and nutritional information.
Before getting started, it is important to gather all the necessary ingredients for this recipe. The ingredients for this recipe include:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (such as walnuts or pecans)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. The mixture will be quite thick and sticky.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and dried cranberries, if using.
- Use your hands to form 6-8 evenly sized rock buns, about 2-3 inches in diameter, and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tips and Variations
- Feel free to swap out the nuts and dried cranberries for your favorite mix-ins, such as dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or chopped dried apricots.
- These rock buns can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For a savory twist on this recipe, omit the sweetener and add in some grated cheese, chopped herbs, and diced bacon instead.
One serving of these keto rock buns (1 bun) contains approximately:
- 240 calories
- 22g fat
- 6g protein
- 7g carbohydrates
- 3g fiber
- 1g sugar
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy snack or breakfast option that is low in carbs and high in flavor, then these keto rock buns are perfect for you! This simple recipe is easy to make and can be customized to your liking with different mix-ins and variations. Enjoy them on their own or pair them with your favorite coffee or tea for a tasty and satisfying treat.
- Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?
We recommend sticking with almond and coconut flour for best results, as they are low in carbs and high in healthy fats. However, you can try using other flours if you prefer.
- Can I use a different type of sweetener?
Yes, you can use any granulated sweetener of your choice, such as monk fruit or xylitol.
- Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these rock buns ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
- Can I omit the nuts and dried cranberries?
Yes, you can omit the nuts and dried cranberries or replace them with other mix-ins of your choice.
In conclusion, these keto rock buns are a delicious and healthy option for low-carb dieters. They are easy to make, customizable, and can be enjoyed as a snack or breakfast. Try out this recipe today and impress your friends and family with your baking skills!