This is my go-to cake and made this 3-4 mornings a week. Why not? It is easy to make, plus it is absolutely low-carb and tastes so good! Also, you can top it with anything low-carb like home-made strawberry jam, melted peanut butter, dark chocolate drizzle, scrambled egg, avocado, tomatoes, or simply serve it as it is. Sometimes I pop it on my toaster, then topped it with eggs and cheese. It is also good pre-workout meal.
Used blanched almond, or coconut flour (1 tbsp of coconut flour in lieu of 3 tbsp almond). You can also replace the butter with coconut oil. I use whatever is available. I sometimes use olive oil, and it’s fine although I prefer coconut oil for its unique tastes and aroma. When it comes to peanut butter, I usually use chunky, but you can also use the plain one.
Toppings are optional, you can top it with sliced almond, low-carb chocolate chips, flaxseed, chopped nuts, black sesame seeds, chia seeds. It’s your mug cake, feel free to experiment with the toppings.
Here’s the recipe:
1 tbsp (14g) butter, or coconut oil
2 tbsp (30g) peanut butter
3 tbsp (18g) almond flour
1 large egg, beaten
1 packet stevia
1 tsp. Baking powder
Optional: sliced almond, toppings
1. Measure your ingredients. Combine butter and peanut butter in a small bowl, and microwave it for 30 seconds or until the butter is melted.
2. Remove from the microwave and mix it using a spatula. Add almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and egg. Mix well.
3. Divide into 2 greased ramekins or mug. Topped it with sliced almond.
4. Microwave for 60 seconds.
5. Enjoy your easy mug cake.